Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What's On My Reading List

I spend a lot of my time reading casebooks for my classes at law school, and while I love what I'm doing, casebooks can be very dry and not very interesting. I love to read, so in order to keep my sanity, I try to read a "for fun" book at least once a month. Here is what I'm currently reading, and what I plan on reading next.

Bring Up The Bodies : Hilary Mantel

I was a History minor in college, and my area of focus was British History. Needless to say, I'm obsessed with the Tudors. This book is the sequel to Wolf Hall (which is amazing!) and follows Cromwell's quest to expel Anne Boleyn from the King's court.


 Status Anxiety : Alain de Botton

I first heard of Alain de Botton listening to NPR's Ted Talks. I enjoyed listening to him and thought his opinions on how we identify ourselves based on our idea of what success is was very interesting. I'm excited to read this book and I'm hoping it will help with some of the stress I encounter.


I think everyone has read this book but me. This is going to be my reward for finishing exams, and I can't wait to sit on the couch and read this. 


What's on your reading list? I'm always looking for suggestions!


No comments:

Post a Comment