Monday, November 11, 2013

How To Manage Mondays

Mondays often come way too quick. I'm hardly ever at my best on Mondays, and I often find myself using these simple tricks to maximize my time in the mornings to make my Monday a lot less stressful.


  1. Lay out your clothes the night before. I know this sounds so simple but it really does make all the difference. When I lived alone, my apartment was basically a walk in closet; I would have clothes everywhere and it made getting ready for school in the mornings super stressful. Since Tucker and I have been living together, I've had to be a lot more organized and as a result I've started planning my outfits for the week out on Sunday and hanging them up on my garment rack.
  2. Fix your lunches for the week on Sunday. This has honestly saved my life (and bank account) this semester. I find meals, usually on Pinterest, that I can make and keep in the fridge for lunch so I'm not rushing in the morning to figure out what I can take to school.
  3. Dry shampoo is your best friend. I would love if I had time to curl/style my hair every night and morning but unfortunately that just isn't realistic. I'm a brunette, so I used to be weary of dry shampoo since I figured it would make my hair look white. Through some trial and error, I found the perfect dry shampoo. Run, don't walk, and buy yourself some Batiste dry shampoo. You're welcome.
  4. Have your bags/book bag ready to go. On Sunday nights, before we put Cali in her crate and Katrina in the spare room, I put all of my textbooks and Macbook Pro in my school bag and put it beside the door. I know on Monday where my bag is and that everything is in it, so if I'm cold called on Monday morning, I'm not unprepared.
  5. Take a deep breath. Mondays are stressful, especially in November when exams are creeping up. Take a deep breath and remember that Friday will be here before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment