Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Sample Tuesday: Alterna Caviar Repair

        
Long time, no post!

Today's post, hopefully, will become a staple of my blog. As a skin care/beauty product lover,   I have a lot of samples. In an attempt to de-clutter our house, I am trying to use these samples up and I will tell you all about them and if I would purchase or recommend. We will see how it goes!

I decided to try out the Alterna Caviar Repair line. I have heard a lot of good things about this line and it is highly rated on Sephora. The line promises to repair your hair, resurface and rebuld the strands. The leave-in conditioner promises to do ten things: provide moisture, shine, smoothness, softness, anti-breakage, heat protection, light hold, UV protection, manageability, and strength.

I did not love the smell of this shampoo or conditioner. Luckily, it wasn't super noticeable and did not linger in my hair. The shampoo lathered nicely and my hair felt clean after using. I was nervous that the conditioner would not be thick enough for my taste - I have very long and thick hair so I like my conditioner to be thick to help with tangles. This conditioner felt amazing in my hair. 

The leave in conditioner also worked amazingly. I overused the product and was worried that my hair would be greasy the next morning. Instead, my hair felt soft and felt nourished. 

I did not notice that my hair was extra shiny but it did feel healthier and cleaner. I also noticed I had less frizz than normal.

Would I recommend: Yes! I thought this was a great product and would especially be great for girls with thicker hair.

Would I purchase: I would purchase the leave in conditioner, but I probably wouldn't purchase the conditioner or shampoo unless a deal was running on it. While this is a great product, I have too many shampoos and conditioners to use for now. I may purchase down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment